Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Which AGOT would make the best Egyptian Gi rl?

  1. #11
    LordofthePumpkinPatch
    Guest LordofthePumpkinPatch's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by *shortie*:
    My vote is for AG15 or Josie. AG25 has the better hair, but the Egyptians had a darker commplexion. I think using any of the fairskinned AGs would just look like a white girl dressed up for Halloween. The Egyptians are Middle Eastern so you would need a doll to represent that.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Exactly. One has to be carfeul when choosing a doll that the coloring is similar to thetime in question. The 25 is caucasion. Whereas 15 or 11 is the right skin tone. #2 would work as well, if you rewigged her.

  2. #12
    LordofthePumpkinPatch
    Guest LordofthePumpkinPatch's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by PrincessRuthie(Laura):
    AGT 15 would make a great Egyptian girl! She has GREAT coloring and has GREAT hair! You can look at Traveling Kiana's album in my signature for pictures if you need them!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yea! This doll is on my to get list, so I was glad to see some pictures, besides the AG ones.
    Thkans

  3. #13
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    After looking at Lauras albums my vote is definitely for AG15. You dont see her too often but I have always thought she was really pretty. If you were to cut her hair so it was more of shoulder length, that would look really cool top. Granted, the long hair would do just fine. But I personally love the look of Egyptians when their hair looks like a long bob with a headress on top.

    Either way, I personally get really insulted when people think that Egyptians were white people with just a tan or something. They lived in North Africa and looked arabic. So dont even get my started on whitie Elizabeth Taylor playing Cleopatra! Yes I know Miss Cleo was techincally Greek, but she still wasnt that pale, LOL You can also tell from their artwork that their hair, even though it was often wigs, would have had the texture of AA hair. Thats why I think AG15 would be perfect. Darn you! Now you have ME wanting to create an Eygptian doll too! The last thing I need is another doll! [img]confused.gif[/img]

    Heres some interesting stuff ya might like:

    http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/prehisto...airstyles.html

  4. #14
    Inactive Member wildpony's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2005
    Posts
    570
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Darn you! Now you have ME wanting to create an Eygptian doll too! The last thing I need is another doll! [img]confused.gif[/img]

    Heres some interesting stuff ya might like:

    http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/prehisto...airstyles.html[/QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hehehe I'm always here to help!
    [img]biggrin.gif[/img] thanks for the link! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL, no problem [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member CasualAGFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 14th, 2005
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I vote for AGT 15. I agree that AGT 25 would probably be a bit too light-complected.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member MollyMolly's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 12th, 2005
    Posts
    236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by LordofthePumpkinPatch:
    [QB]I do not know what age they started shaving and wigging.QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am pretty sure that they started at age 12.

  8. #18
    LordofthePumpkinPatch
    Guest LordofthePumpkinPatch's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by *shortie*:
    After looking at Lauras albums my vote is definitely for AG15. You dont see her too often but I have always thought she was really pretty. If you were to cut her hair so it was more of shoulder length, that would look really cool top. Granted, the long hair would do just fine. But I personally love the look of Egyptians when their hair looks like a long bob with a headress on top.

    Either way, I personally get really insulted when people think that Egyptians were white people with just a tan or something. They lived in North Africa and looked arabic. So dont even get my started on whitie Elizabeth Taylor playing Cleopatra! Yes I know Miss Cleo was techincally Greek, but she still wasnt that pale, LOL You can also tell from their artwork that their hair, even though it was often wigs, would have had the texture of AA hair. Thats why I think AG15 would be perfect. Darn you! Now you have ME wanting to create an Eygptian doll too! The last thing I need is another doll! [img]confused.gif[/img]

    Heres some interesting stuff ya might like:

    http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/prehisto...airstyles.html
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for the link. That'll help me when I inevitably do my Egyptian doll, which is even more desirable now. [img]tongue.gif[/img] In fact I had just pushed the idea out of my mind last week. Now is roaring around my head!!
    I too get irritated when people act like Egyptians were white, with just a tan.
    If anyone decides to do an Egyptian... we all want to see the pictures!!!! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I grew up in Morocco, North Africa, and I have visited Egypt for two weeks. So I can speak from experience that North Africans/Arabs come in many different shades. Most of them are pretty light-skinned, like Italians and Greeks, and the hair also would range between Asian-type hair and that of Italians and Greeks. Very few North Africans have negroid features or textured hair, and most of the ones that do have them live in the southern areas of the North African, predominantly Arab, countries. So I would say that the AGOT #25 or Josephina would represent an Egyptian pretty well.

    Here are some links to some photos of Moroccans......

    http://kimbriggs.com/photos/morocco/.../zerbane1.html

    http://geogweb.berkeley.edu/GeoImage...r/family1.html

    http://geogweb.berkeley.edu/GeoImages/Miller/wives.html

    http://geogweb.berkeley.edu/GeoImage...er/towork.html

    http://geogweb.berkeley.edu/GeoImage...r/saintly.html

    http://geogweb.berkeley.edu/GeoImages/Miller/saint.html

    http://www.bugbog.com/gallery/galler...ctures_12.html

    http://www.bugbog.com/gallery/galler...ctures_13.html

    http://www.guidedumaroc.com/modules/...&cat=&pos=-677

    http://geogweb.berkeley.edu/GeoImage...r/family2.html

    http://geogweb.berkeley.edu/GeoImage.../couscous.html

    Joy

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 19, 2005 08:04 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

  10. #20
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The darker colors and negroid features start mostly south of the Sahara desert, but there are also some peoples bordering the northern edges of the Sahara desert who have these characteristics. I know what you meant--you probably meant "southern Africa"--but the country of "South Africa" is probably about 2000 miles south of the Sahara, and there are many countries and peoples in the area between the Sahara and the country of South Africa. So the Arab and Berber and Bedouin and other non-negroid peoples of North Africa are definitely in the minority, as far as all of Africa is concerned.

    Here is more on the debate about the Egyptians....

    http://www.historyforkids.org/learn/egypt/people/

    http://www.roadtoegypt.com/info_egypt_people1.htm

    http://community.webshots.com/album/95423853sDnELs

    http://www.touregyptphotos.com/showg...assword=&page=

    http://www.ehabweb.net/people.html

    http://www.lucas-digital.com/egypt/people/index.html

    Joy

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 19, 2005 08:01 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •